Ryan Blair – ViSalus Awarded Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year
by Ted Nuyten on August 3, 2012
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are held in more than 140 cities and in more than 50 countries worldwide. Annually, each of the overall country winners gather in Monte Carlo for the annual Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award.
This group of leading entrepreneurs was selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous winners of the award, leading CEOs, private capital investors and other regional business leaders. The winners were revealed at a special gala at the MGM Grand, Detroit, USA.
“Ernst & Young has honored outstanding entrepreneurs like this year’s winners for the past 26 years,” said Jamie Simpson, Ernst & Young LLP Entrepreneur Of The Year Program Director for Michigan & Northwest Ohio. “These business leaders have accomplished so much and contributed a tremendous amount to the community.”
Ryan Blair, CEO ViSalus Sciences was awarded in the Consumer Products category.
The winners for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 Award for Michigan & Northwest Ohio are:
- Manoj Bhargava, Innovation Ventures LLC & Living Essentials LLC (Master Entrepreneur)
- Ryan Blair, ViSalus Sciences (Consumer Products)
- Carole & Kevin Chase, Chase Plastic Services, Inc. (Distribution)
- Claudine George, ICONMA, LLC (Staffing & Support Services)
- Douglas Grimm, Grede Holdings, LLC (Industrial Products)
- Dr. David Kent, Lifestyle Lift (Services)
- Christopher O’Connor, Humanetics Innovative Solutions (Manufacturing)
- Bradley Oleshansky, Big Communications, LLC (Business Services)
- Sheila Rossmann, Paramount Precision Products (Manufacturing)
- Nancy Schlichting, Henry Ford Health System (Spirit of Entrepreneurship Award)
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year Award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence at the national level.
The US Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner then moves on to compete or the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award. Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.