Amway (short for American Way) is an American multinational direct-selling company that uses multi-level marketing to sell a variety of products, primarily in the health, beauty, and home care markets.
Amway was founded in 1959 by Jay Van Andel and Richard DeVos.
Based in Ada, Michigan, USA the company and family of companies under Alticor reported sales of USD$11.3 billion for the year ended December 31, 2012 – the seventh consecutive year of growth for the company.
Its product lines include home care products, personal care products, jewelry, electronics, Nutrilite dietary supplements, water purifiers, air purifiers, insurance and cosmetics.
Amway conducts business through a number of affiliated companies in more than a hundred countries and territories around the world.
- $11.3 Billion in Sales
- Sales Increased 12 of the Last 13 Years
- All Top 10 Markets Grew
- $3.5 Billion in Bonuses & Incentives
- 55,264 New Pin Qualifiers
- 18,982 New Platinums
- 53,200 Incentive Trip Qualifiers
- 2.5 Million Volunteer Hours
- More than $166 Million Donated
- Nutrilite is the World”s #1 Selling Vitamin & Dietary Supplements Brand
- Artistry is Among the Worlds Top 5 Largest Selling Premium Skin Care Brand
- eSpring is the World’s #1 Largest-Selling Brand of Kitchen Water Treatment Systems
- Atmosphere is the World’s #1 Largest-Selling Brand of Residential Air Treatment Systems
- More Than 21,000 Employees Globally
- More than 1,000 Patents Granted and 800 Patents Pending
- More Than 900 Scientists and Technicians
- 65 R&D Labs
- Amway Paid Out More Bonuses & Cash Incentives to Its Distributors and Business Owners Worldwide Than Any Other Direct Sales Company
- More People Renewed Their Amway Business Than Any Other Direct Selling Company in the World.
Source: The Truth About Amway
Get more information, facts and figures about Amway, click here for the Amway overview.