Natural Health Trends, a leading direct selling company that markets premium quality personal care, wellness and quality of life products under the NHT Global brand, today announced continued growth for the quarter and six month periods ended June 30, 2015.
Second Quarter Highlights
- Total revenues increased 104% to $69.7 million, compared to $34.2 million in the second quarter last year. Net income was $12.3 million.
- Revenue from Hong Kong operations, which represents 93% of total revenue, increased $33.2 million, or 105% over the same period last year
- Revenue outside of Hong Kong increased $2.4 million, or 91% over the same period last year; excluding the Commonwealth of Independent States, revenue increased 151% over the same period last year
- Total number of active distributors increased 23% to 76,400 at June 30, 2015 compared to March 31, 2015.
- The Company's common stock joined the Russell Global, Russell 3000® and the Russell Microcap® Indices.
Year-to-Date Financial Highlights
- Revenues were $110.4 million, up 93%, compared to $57.4 million in the first six months of last year. Net income was $19 million, in the first six months of last year.
- Operating income was $19.2 million, up 107% compared to $9.3 million in the first six months of last year.
We delivered another quarter of solid top-line growth and doubled our net income as we continue to leverage the strength and utility of our Hong Kong infrastructure to meet the increasing consumer demand for our health and wellness products, commented Chris Sharng, President of Natural Health Trends Corp.
During the quarter we launched several new products to extend our product line and kicked off additional incentive programs for top performers. The combination of consumer demand supported by our market-leading products and effective sales, leadership and incentive programs are proving to be very successful strategies for expanding our base of consumers and distributors while fortifying an already firm foundation for future growth.
Our Hong Kong business continues to excel, and to date, the economic slowdown in China has not impacted us, continued Mr. Sharng. In the long term, we feel that the re-orientation of the Chinese economy toward consumption is good for businesses like ours, as we work to introduce high-quality consumer products to the increasingly affluent Chinese consumers. We are in the Chinese market for the long haul and are bullish on its prospect.
Further, during the quarter, we funded the required deposit for the consumer protection fund in China, which is a prerequisite to submitting our direct selling license application, concluded Mr. Sharng. We view applying for a direct selling license as strategically valuable to help us drive incremental growth as our brand recognition continues to grow in China and Asia.
About Natural Health Trends Corp.
Natural Health Trends Corp. is an international direct-selling and e-commerce company operating through its subsidiaries throughout Asia, North America, and Europe. The company markets premium quality personal care, wellness and quality of life products under the NHT Global brand. Additional information can be found on the company's website, www.naturalhealthtrendscorp.com.