Herbalife Nutrition Ltd. (NYSE: HLF) today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2019:
▪ Reported net sales of $1.2 billion increased 0.1% compared to the third quarter 2018. Excluding China, net sales increased 6.1% compared to the prior year period.
▪ Volume points of 1.5 billion increased 2.3% compared to the third quarter 2018, representing the largest quarterly volume point result in Company history. Excluding China, volume points increased 5.2% compared to the prior year period.1
▪ Third quarter reported diluted EPS of $0.58 and adjusted2 earnings of $0.73 per diluted share, both of which were negatively impacted by expenses of approximately $5.8 million or $0.03 per diluted share, related to the China Growth and Impact Investment Program.
▪ Updating FY 2019 volume point guidance to a range of 2.1% – 3.4% growth, net sales guidance to a range of (1.2%) – 0.1%, as well as reported and adjusted2, 3 diluted EPS guidance to a range of $2.20 – $2.40 and $2.56 – $2.76, respectively.
▪ Initiating FY 2020 volume point and net sales guidance range of 1.0% – 7.0% and 1.0% – 7.0% growth, respectively, which includes an approximate 250 bps currency headwind.
▪ In a separate press release this afternoon, the Company announced its CEO transition plan that goes into effect March 2020.
About Herbalife Nutrition
Herbalife Nutrition is a global nutrition company whose purpose is to make the world healthier and happier. The Company has been on a mission for nutrition – changing people’s lives with great nutrition products and programs – since 1980. Herbalife Nutrition offers high-quality, science-backed products, one-on-one coaching with an Herbalife Nutrition independent distributor, and a supportive community that inspires customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Herbalife Nutrition’s targeted nutrition, weight-management, energy and fitness and personal care products are available through its independent distributors in more than 90 countries.
Herbalife Nutrition supports the Herbalife Nutrition Foundation, a non-profit organization that assists community organizations focused on providing good nutrition. Herbalife Nutrition is also proud to sponsor more than 190 world-class athletes, teams and events around the globe.
Herbalife Nutrition has more than 8,300 employees worldwide. To learn more, visit IAmHerbalife.com.
Get more information, facts and figures about Herbalife, click here for the Herbalife overview.