Herbalife Q1 Sales Up 7.7% To $1.3 Billion
Herbalife Nutrition Ltd. (NYSE: HLF) today reported financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2020:
- First quarter 2020 volume points of 1.6 billion increased 5.6% compared to the first quarter 2019, representing the largest quarterly volume point result in Company history.
- China volume points increased 29.4% compared to the prior year period, demonstrating a strong recovery from last year’s 100-day review.
- March worldwide volume points represented the largest single month in Company history.
- First quarter 2020 reported net sales of $1.3 billion increased 7.7% compared to the first quarter of 2019.
- First quarter 2020 reported diluted EPS of $0.32 and adjusted1 earnings of $0.83 per diluted share, compared to $0.66 per diluted share and $0.66 per adjusted2 diluted share, respectively, for the first quarter 2019, which were negatively impacted in 2020 by expenses of approximately $2.2 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, and in first quarter 2019 of $0.7 million, or $0.00 per diluted share, related to the China Growth and Impact Investment Program.
Given the fluidity of COVID-19 and its impact on our ability to provide guidance, we are providing preliminary April volume point results, which we estimate declined 1% worldwide compared to April 2019.3 More information regarding April volume point results will be provided on the Company’s investor conference call.
Herbalife Nutrition is a global company that has been changing people’s lives with great nutrition products and a proven business opportunity for its independent distributors since 1980. The Company offers high-quality, science-backed products, sold in over 90 countries by entrepreneurial distributors who provide one-on-one coaching and a supportive community that inspires their customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle. Through the Company’s global campaign to eradicate hunger, Herbalife Nutrition is also committed to bringing nutrition and education to communities around the world.
For more information, please visit IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com.
Get more information, facts and figures about Herbalife, click here for the Herbalife overview.
Recommended Distributors Herbalife