50+ Tips How To Drive Traffic To Your Website
This is how this website got 100,000 hits per month.
With a lot of hard work, quality content, and marketing nous, you can produce a well-trafficked blog.
Here are 50+ tips to get you on the right track.
No Pain, No Gain
No Guts, No Glory…
- Get a coach or mentor, why should you reinvent the wheel?
- Write great posts with quality content.
- Take a Facebook Fanpage
- Write more posts (do you post 2x per week? Try 5x per week).
- Interview Top Earners.
- Do not try to beat the search engines by playing false.
- Be among the first to break a hot story.
- Write something controversial.
- Write list posts.
- Create irresistible headlines.
- Use Feedburner.
- Submit key articles to ezinearticles.com for syndication.
- Write guest posts.
- Invite guest posters.
- Host webinars with other bloggers – tap into their audience.
- Start a periodical newsletter to bring visitors back to your blog on a regular basis.
- Create “link love” posts and let each blogger know that you are linking to them.
- Make your blog beautiful.
- Make your blog easy to navigate.
- Place always an image in your posts.
- Optimize your posts for SEO (permalink, title, description, headers, content, etc).
- Create loads of relevant tags and link them to your posts.
- Interlink your pages.
- Submit your site to major directories.
- Always use relevant alt tags and titles for your images.
- Include a link to your blog in any and all online profiles you complete.
- Search out and follow likeminded people on Twitter
- Always follow those who re-tweet your content.
- Comment on other people’s Facebook pages to drive traffic back to your own.
- Mention other Facebook pages on your wall and you will show up in their feeds.
- Jump on the Google+ bandwagon and create your own page.
- Make sharing simple – include highly visible social media buttons on your posts.
- Submit your best posts to social bookmarking sites such as Digg and StumbleUpon.
- Interact with peers on forums.
- Reach out to bloggers you like – build relationships.
- Keep in touch with bloggers you know – nurture relationships.
- Provide insightful comments on other blogs and get to know other bloggers and commenters.
- Offer yourself up for interview on other bloggers’ podcasts.
- Interview other bloggers and tap into their audience.
- Talk to everyone about your blog. Don’t be shy.
- Print some business cards. Hand them to everyone and anyone.
- Attend blogging conferences and any “gatherings” related to your niche.
- Throw business cards around with wild abandon. Network like crazy.
- Create your own local periodical meet up for bloggers or for your blog’s niche.
- Release a free product and ask your readers to “pay with a tweet”.
- Write an eBook and market it voraciously.
- Produce a video course.
- Add your blog’s URL to your email signature.
- If writing for others, link back to your own blog (with permission only of course).
- Write a press release for your blog and publish it to the world.
- Hold a competition. The prize doesn’t have to be huge!
- Never stop trying new things.
- Start producing videos and tap into the huge YouTube market.
- Start producing a podcast and tap into the huge iTunes market