Herbalife's Annual Report 2010 gives a wealth of information about the MLM or Network Marketing Industry if you interested in Distributor numbers and revenue.
No Smoke and Mirrors but hard facts.
What is an (active) distributor for Herbalife? The annual report:
As of December 31, 2010, we had approximately 2.1 million distributors, which includes approximately 161,000 China sales representatives and employees. Collectively, we refer to this group as “distributors.”
Approximately 483,000 of our 2.1 million distributors have become sales leaders, which are comprised of approximately 434,000 sales leaders in the 73 countries where we use our traditional marketing plan and approximately 49,000 China sales employees and licensed business providers operating under our China marketing plan. Collectively, we refer to this group as “sales leaders.”
For sales leaders to re-qualify and retain their distributor organization and associated earnings, they need to earn 4,000 volume points in one month or 2,500 volume points in 12 each of two consecutive months.
||Revenue in $ Million
||Annual Revenue per Sales Leader
||Market share per Region
|South America||28,821||$390 million||$13,531||14.3%|
|Asia Pacific||35,899||$683 million||$19,025||25.0%|
Some remarkable facts:
- 49% of the sales leaders qualify again in the next year for that position.
- If you want to build a $1 million Herbalife distributorship you need – on average- 67 sales leaders in your down line.
- 62% of Herbalife's revenue is from Weight loss products, 23% from nutrition.
- 32.9% is the total percentage Herbalife pays as commission (royalties) to his distributors.
- Sky high demands to stay qualified for the Sales Leader position, from the total distributor force 8.8% is qualified as sales leader in 2010.
- Average revenue per Herbalife distributor (2.1 million) is $1,301 annual.
Get more information, facts and figures about Herbalife, click here for the Herbalife overview.