Second Quarter Financial Highlights
- Total revenues were $34.2 million, up 223% compared to $10.6 million in the second quarter last year.
- Operating income was $6.2 million, up 551% compared to $948,000 in the second quarter last year.
- Net income was $6.1 million, or $0.49 per diluted share, compared to $904,000, or $0.08 per diluted share, in the second quarter last year.
Year-to-Date Financial Highlights
- Year-to-date revenues were $57.4 million, up 198% compared to $19.2 million in the first six months last year.
- Operating income was $9.3 million, up 649% compared to $1.2 million in the first six months last year.
- Net income was $9.2 million, or $0.76 per diluted share, compared to net income of $1.2 million, or $0.11 per diluted share, in the first six months last year.
“This was another excellent quarter for Natural Health Trends,” remarked Chris Sharng, President of Natural Health Trends Corp. “Orders taken during the second quarter were very strong. In addition, the quarter’s financial results also benefited from delivering significant orders taken but unshipped in March, with shipments made during the second quarter.”
“For the first six months of 2014, the Company generated more revenue and net income than it did for the entire 2013 year,” added Mr. Sharng.
“The strong results so far in 2014 clearly demonstrate that our efforts to enhance our leadership development and training programs, and expand our products, services and promotions, can effectively drive strong results. The result has been a more informed base of members, and this has translated to higher average sales per member. We have focused particularly on investments in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, where we think we have the most promising opportunities. Our programs aim for long-term growth. We are very pleased with the recent performance but are more excited about what we can accomplish in the long run.”
About Natural Health Trends Corp.
Natural Health Trends Corp. is an international direct-selling and e-commerce company operating through its subsidiaries throughout Asia, North America, and Europe. The company markets premium quality personal care, wellness and “quality of life” products under the NHT Global brand.