Direct Selling Important Contributor To ‘Make In India’ Campaign

Chavi Hemanth


India’s Direct Selling industry is making an important contribution to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s 'Make in India' campaign, by accelerating the country’s manufacturing sector, according to the Indian Direct Selling Association (IDSA).

IDSA General Secretary Chavi Hemanth explained in a statement that the Direct Selling industry is working to strengthen the country's manufacturing sector, so that the GDP contributions of the sector can increase from the current 16% to 25%.

Direct Selling is a person-centered industry which plays an important role in employment and skills development. According to the statement, the industry's micro, small and medium enterprises have also made important contributions to the development because these companies are outsourcing their manufacturing.

Only 30% of the products are imported by the Direct Selling industry in India while the remaining 70% are manufactured through SME contracts locally.

IDSA president Rajat Banerjee says that all stakeholders of the industry insist on domestic production. According to the statement, the Indian direct selling industry generated total sales of $1.2 billion in 2014. Of this, 30% was generated from imported products. The industry's sales are expected to reach $3.9 billion by 2020.

Become a Recommended Distributor

Direct Selling Distributors, they are active professionals, who love to team up with you!

Write a comment

Connect with