LifeVantage Corporation (Nasdaq: LFVN) today reported financial results for its fourth quarter and full fiscal year ended June 30, 2021.
Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2021 Summary*:
- Revenue of $54.8 million, a decrease of 7.7% from the prior year period and an increase of 6.2% sequentially;
- Total active accounts decreased 5.0% compared to the prior period while increasing 1.2% sequentially to 170,000. The year over year decline includes a decline in distributors of 13.7%, partially offset by an increase of 0.9% in customers. Compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2021, the number of distributors was flat and customers grew by 1.9%;
- Earnings per diluted share were $0.35, up 34.6% over the prior year period and up 191.7% sequentially;
- Adjusted earnings per diluted share were $0.31, up 10.7% compared to $0.28 in the prior year period and up 55.0% sequentially; and
- Adjusted EBITDA decreased 19.3% to $6.6 million compared to the prior period and increased 37.9% sequentially.
* All comparisons are on a year over year basis and compare the fourth quarter of fiscal 2021 to the fourth quarter of fiscal 2020, unless otherwise noted.
Fiscal Year 2021 Summary**:
- Revenue decreased 5.5% to $220.2 million;
- Revenue in the Americas decreased 7.0% and revenue in Asia/Pacific & Europe decreased 1.6%;
- Earnings per diluted share were $0.90, compared to $0.79 in fiscal 2020;
- Adjusted earnings per diluted share were $1.00, compared to $0.86 in fiscal 2020;
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 3.7% to $24.8 million;
- Repurchased 1.2 million, or $11.9 million, of common shares; and
- Strong balance sheet with $23.2 million of cash and no debt.
**All growth rates compare fiscal 2021 to fiscal 2020.
“Fourth quarter revenues results were in line with our expectations and earnings were slightly ahead as we continued to focus on our core strategies for driving long-term growth and operational improvement. Adjusted earnings per share increased 11% despite an 8% decline in net sales,“
said Steve Fife, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer of LifeVantage.
“The sequential improvement in the number of customers was particularly encouraging and the first positive inflection in the past year. Our initiatives to drive active account growth through distributor enrollment and increased retention continue to gain traction and we expect to show further progress over the next several quarters.
Consumers continue prioritizing health and wellness, which we believe creates a compelling long-term growth outlook for LifeVantage based on our proven products, strong balance sheet and deeply committed management team.”
LifeVantage Corporation (Nasdaq: LFVN) is a pioneer in Nutrigenomics – a new science dedicated to biohacking the human aging code.
The Company engages in the identification, research, development, and distribution of advanced nutrigenomic dietary supplements and skin and hair care products, including its scientifically-validated Protandim® product line, Omega+ and ProBio dietary supplements, its TrueScience® line of Nrf2-infused skin and hair care products, Petandim™ for Dogs, Axio® energy drink mixes, and the PhysIQ™ weight management system. LifeVantage was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. For more information, visit www.lifevantage.com.
Get more information, facts and figures about LifeVantage, click here for the LifeVantage overview.